Treat yourself to one week of Italian language, culture, and gastronomy. This program is perfect for keen ‘foodies’ who are passionate about Italian food and wine.
Come dine with us and enjoy the taste of authentic Italian food in the traditional way. The Marche region has many gastronomic treasures.
The local cuisine is characterised by the authenticity of the ingredients, their unique tastes, and combination of flavours. Wine, cheese, desserts, meats, truffles, honey, extra virgin olive oil, and homemade pasta are all the essential elements that go into creating the natural and delicious dishes that are typical of the Montefeltro region. We hope your mouth is already beginning to water!
If you would like to discover the secrets of Italian gastronomy and improve your Italian cooking skills, this is the vacation for you.
• 15 hour language course (Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 12.15 p.m.), particular attention will be given to the vocabulary, products, and culture of Italian cuisine.
• 4 evenings - cooking course The evening cooking course (from 5.00 to 9.00pm) is both hands-on and theoretical. It consists of the preparation and explanation of various dishes typical to the Marche region and Italy. At the end of each evening the students and instructor will sit down to a delicious dinner made up of the dishes they have prepared. The meal will be accompanied by local wine. The dinners will typically include an antipasto, a first and second course, a side dish, dessert, water, wine, and coffee.
• Wine tasting and discussion at a local “enoteca”.
• Visit a truffle processing company.
Here you can see where and how the famous “tartufo marchigiano” (black and white truffles) are found and then made into mouth-watering dishes.
• A guided cultural tour of Urbania, its museums, theatre, and history.
• A guided cultural tour of Urbino, the birthplace of Raphael. This tour includes a visit to the Palazzo Ducale, home of the famous Duke Federico II of Montefeltro.
• Visit to see the local production of wine and olive oil. Here you can see the local production of wine and olive oil.
The cost of the week is Euro 900,00. The program takes place all year long with a minimum of 2 participants. A 5% discount for 2 persons who register together will be applied.