Program for Opera Singers
Summer Program for Young Opera Singers 2012 in Sant’Angelo in Vado
Italian Language ▪ Vocal Studies and Performance ▪ Opera Staging Rehearsals and Role Coaching
You may download the POSTER OF THE PROGRAM
Sylvia Stone, Director
Courses in: Italian Language and Diction, Musical Coaching of Italian Repertoire, Stage Rehearsals
Come to Sant’Angelo in Vado to enhance your singing and performing skills and improve your command of Italian. This program is designed for emerging opera singers who wish to improve their Italian language ability. It provides vocal training and coaching of Italian operatic repertoire with an international faculty, and includes public concerts in historical theatres in and around Sant’Angelo in Vado. Students receive daily voice lessons and musical coachings with faculty or guest teachers. Elements of acting and character development will be addressed daily. The thrust of the program is to broaden the singer's repertoire, improve Italian language skills, develop his/her stage artistry, improve audition skills, and to offer performance experience in Italy.
The instructors of Scuola Italia offer an intensive language course which equips the singer with a thorough grounding in Italian. The teachers are graduates in Modern Languages and Humanities and highly skilled in modern teaching methods of Italian as a foreign language.
Course in Italian language (1)
From Monday to Friday, from 9.00 to 12.15: the course consists of grammar, conversation, listening comprehension, lexical and phonetic development, diction lessons, reading and translating texts of operatic arias. Throughout the group lessons, the students’s progress will be carefully monitored.
The course includes:
- teaching material
- information on the city and its surroundings
- visits to the following cities of art :
- guided cultural tour of URBANIA, its museums, theatre and history (Ducal Palace, Bramante Theatre, the famous Mummies, demonstration of ceramic technology at the Associazione Amici della Ceramica, etc)
- guided cultural tour of URBINO, Urbino is a stunning Italian city with beautiful Renaissance architecture. It is the birthplace of the exceptional painter Raphael. The Ducal Palace in Urbino was the famous court of Duke Federico II of Montefeltro. Today the Palace is the National Gallery of the Marche Region.
- One day to the beach in PESARO (hometown of G. Rossini), where the prestigious lyrical event, the Rossini Opera Festival, is held annually.
- the school also provides assistance to the students in arranging travel within Italy (booking hotels, hints for residence permits, car and bicycle hire, taxis). Whatever your problem, we will be here to help you.
Course in Vocal Studies and Performance (2)
What the course offers:
- one hour of private voice lessons per week with international artist-teachers
- accompanists for all voice lessons and individual rehearsal (if available)
- individual and ensemble musical coaching on song and operatic repertoire with Italian and American maestri, at least two periods per week
- Michael Schlùter-Padberg, widely recognized specialist in singing Italian recitatives will offer a master class and individual coaching
- daily opera staging rehearsals of selected scenes to be performed on concerts
- movement class, role coaching, general stage technique, acting, audition training, two or more sessions per week
- renowned tenor William Matteuzzi will offer a master class
- practice rooms available Monday through Saturday
Concert Appearances (3)
During the course, public concerts will be performed in the region of Pesaro Urbino. Recent venues were the Castello Brancaleoni in Piobbico, Museo Diocesano in Urbania, Chiesa Santa Veneranda in Fermignano, Chiesa di San Francesco in Mercatello, the beautiful and historic Teatro Bramante in Urbania, and the Vatican in Rome (San Pietro Cathedral). The singers receive additional rehearsals and coachings for these performances.
Click here to download one of our concert programs. (VEDI DOC. Concert’s program)
After every concert, a dinner party will be offered to singers and staff.