A Taste of Italy
Treat yourself to one week of Italian language, culture and gastronomy. This is a programme that is perfect for keen ‘foodies’ those of you that are passionate about Italian food and wine.
Come and dine with us and enjoy the taste of authentic Italian food in the traditional way. The Marche is a region that holds some of the treasures of Italian gastronomy.
The local cuisine is characterised by the authenticity of the ingredients and their unique tastes and the combination of flavours. Wine, cheese, desserts, meats, truffles, honey, extra virgin olive oil, home made pasta, are all the essential elements that go into creating the natural and delicious dishes that are typical of the Montefeltro region. We hope your mouth is already beginning to water!
If you would like to discover the secrets of Italian gastronomy, to improve their Italian cooking skills this is the holiday for you.
- 15 hour language course (Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 12.15 p.m.), particular attention will be given to the vocabulary, products, and culture of the Italian kitchen;
- 4 evenings cooking course Wine tasting and discussion at a local “enoteca”
- Visit to see where and how the famous Marghigiano Tartufo (black and white truffles) are found and then prepared into mouth watering dishes.
- A guided cultural tour of Urbania, its museums, theatre and history. A guided cultural tour of Urbino, the birthplace of Raphael. This tour includes a visit to the Palazzo Ducale, home of the famous Duke Federico II of Montefeltro.
- Visit to see the local production of wine and olive oil.
The evening cooking course (from 5.00 to 9.00pm) is both practical and theoretical. It consists of the preparation and explanation of various dishes typical to the region and to Italy. At the end of each evening the students and instructor will sit down to a delicious dinner made up of the dishes they have prepared. The meal will be accompanied by a local wine. The dinners will typically include an antipasto, a first and second course, a side dish, a dessert, water, wine, and coffee.
The cost of the week is Euro 900,00.
The program will take place every period of the year with a minimum of 2 participants.
A 10% reduction for 2 persons who register together will be applied.